Saturday, June 19, 2010

My First Post

This is my first blog. My blog will mostly be about writing and good books but I will also talk about other stuff. Example: Songs, Hula, Trips. I hope you will like my blog and I am excited to share things with you.

Every Saturday I will have a writing tip. Writing Tip: Adjectives are good for your story but, if you have too many they will hurt your story. I used to add lots of adjectives because I was trying to make the story longer. I thought it would look more professional if I had tons of pages. When I read the chapter over I realized that it really was too much for my story. The chapter dragged on and almost every other sentence was describing something. It doesn't matter how long your story is (unless you want it to be a picture book), people like your book because of your writing.

Before I leave I want to do a poll: Which author do you like the most? a) J.K. Rowling b) Roald Dahl or c) Meg Cabot. If I get enough comments I will post the most popular next Saturday!

~ Malia

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Mals! Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog, Malia. My favorite is Roald Dahl. The first book of his that I read was the short story "The Monkey's Paw." That was 30 years ago and I still remember how good it was and how powerful its lesson was.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete